Is there a software program that would help me write and illustrate a children's book?

I would like to write stories for my 3-year old niece about her experiences with me. I could write the story and print it on regular paper, but I would prefer it to look rather like a book one might buy. I guess I could take it to a vanity publisher. Or, perhaps I could print it nicely myself, somehow. I can... hiển thị thêm I would like to write stories for my 3-year old niece about her experiences with me. I could write the story and print it on regular paper, but I would prefer it to look rather like a book one might buy. I guess I could take it to a vanity publisher. Or, perhaps I could print it nicely myself, somehow.

I can write well enough, but I cannot draw to save my life, so software that could help me with illustrations, set up, design and printing would be wonderful.

I'd greatly appreciate any software suggestions to help me with this home project.
Cập nhật: Blurb.com is very cool. Thank you for the suggestion. It can use your personal photos which is fun. In order for the book to be less like a family photo album, now I wonder if there is a software program that converts personal photos to cartoon-like or sketch-like pictures.
Cập nhật 2: I've worked with blurb.com for a couple of hours now. It's in beta, and seems to be a little unstable, ... but useable. I think it might be especially fun for special family photo albums. For a children's book, I'd like to be able to write overtop of my photos, and this software only seems to... hiển thị thêm I've worked with blurb.com for a couple of hours now. It's in beta, and seems to be a little unstable, ... but useable. I think it might be especially fun for special family photo albums. For a children's book, I'd like to be able to write overtop of my photos, and this software only seems to allow that for the cover page.
2 câu trả lời 2